Linear regression with R
The aim of this course is to teach you how to analyse your data using simple linear models. We focus on linear regression in order to improve your generic statistics knowledge. Please note that we cannot go into the specific data analysis problems of your particular project.
Instructor: András Aszódi.
- How to fit straight lines? Single and multiple linear regression.
- How to simplify the models? LASSO, Ridge, Elastic Net regressions.
- What to do with correlated independent variables? Principal component regression, orthogonal polynomial regression.
- Mandatory: Good understanding of basic statistics concepts. If you have attended our Think Statistics with R course, then you are all set.
- Recommended: Basic familiarity with R. Our R as a programming language course provides you with the necessary knowledge.
Number of participants: minimum 5, maximum 10.
Length: The course takes one half-day, from 09:00 to 13:00 with 2 breaks.