This course provides an introduction to Docker and Apptainer (Singularity) containers. It is especially recommended for the users of the CBE cluster at the Vienna Biocenter.
Instructor: András Aszódi.
- Introduction to container technologies.
- How to use Docker containers and build your own images.
- Apptainer containers for HPC clusters.
- You must have HPC cluster and UNIX command line experience. If you attended our UNIX command line course and CBE cluster course then you have the necessary knowledge.
- You must have an account on the CBE cluster.
- MPL and non-VBC colleagues only: You must have VPN access to the VBC network.
Participants are required to prepare themselves according to these instructions. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from the course.
Number of participants: minimum 5, maximum 10.
Length: The course takes four hours with two short breaks.